What We Fight For
- Securing sufficient funding and proper servicing of USDA lending programs and ensuring a fair USDA appeals system for family farmers.
- Eradicating ongoing discriminatory lending practices at all USDA levels.
As credit markets tighten for family farmers, corporate competitors are able to outbid traditional farmers. These competitors steal farmland away from future generations, compromise sustainable land stewardship, and when land is leased back to farmers, cause debt and dependency on corporations.
- Farmers’ Legal Action Group, Inc. (FLAG): A nonprofit law center dedicated to providing legal services to family farmers and rural communities in order to help keep family farmers on the land.
- What Help is Available for What Type of Disaster Losses?: FLAG report about the federal disaster programs that are available to provide assistance for different types of farm losses.
- Don’t Bank on It- Farmers Face Significant Barriers to Credit During Economic Downturn: NFFC report on farmer access to credit.
Please check back soon for more on NFFC's current work on credit access.